Monday, September 14, 2009

MidWeek slanted

Slanting right

Although I enjoy reading most of your news and articles, I get extremely tired of the mostly drivel from such right-wingers as Jerry Coffee, Michelle Malkin and Pat Buchanan. I would have thought the MidWeek would have dropped Malkin years ago! She is more on par with the likes of Rush Limbaugh. I am for balanced news, but your slant is too obvious.

Paul Mizue
Aiea

* * *

Slanting left

MidWeek has become so liberal - between Dan Boylan, Bob Jones, Arianna Huffington and even in the letters to the editor section, I am on the verge of canceling my subscription. Lose the slant or lose me as a reader.

Art Miller
Honolulu

* * *

I had to chuckle when I read the two letters this week (9/2) from Paul Mizue, “Slanting right,” and Art Miller, “Slanting left.” To have an intelligent discussion on any issue, both sides must be willing to listen to the other’s opinions and ideas with an open mind. Today, unfortunately, too many on either side of the political debate are unwilling to come to the table with an open mind. Instead, like Paul and Art, they are quick to demonize and seek to silence the opposition.

That MidWeek has the courage to publish the thoughts and opinions from both sides of the aisle, week in and week out, make it the jewel that it is. Please do not change a thing.

John Baughman
Kailua

No comments: