Wednesday, October 17, 2012

left-wing (and right-wing) news

There's zillions of right wing news sites on the internet (not even counting Fox).  For example, NewsMax which keeps popping up on the sidebars of various web sites.

But to counter that, there's a bunch of left wing news sites too (not even counting MS-NBC).

Here's a couple I came across while googling medicare voucher.  I didn't know they were left-wing at first, but after glancing at their headlines for a split-second...

Think Progress
MediaMatters For America

I don't want to look much further, as it gets too depressing..

I couldn't help myself.  And found this interesting.  rightwingnews.com calls thedailybeast a liberal website (ok I guess it is).  And here's their listing of the most popular conservative websites.  And John Hawkins rates his 15 best.

Didn't realize that The Daily Beast merged with Newsweek.  Does that mean Newsweek is liberal?  [Apparently, they're a "little liberal".]

[10/18/12 - Newsweek will end print edition]

How about Time, I wonder?  Wikipedia says they're moderate.

***

And back to Medicare, here's wikipedia on The Path to Prosperity which was the Republican budget proposal for 2012.

No comments: